OUR YOUTH ARE THE FUTURE
Scholarship Program Description
24 scholarships are available through Poudre Valley REA for high school senior students continuing their education the following fall school season.
20- $2,000 scholarships
1- $1,000 scholarship
2- $500 scholarships
NEW - $1,000 Luck of the Draw scholarship at the Annual Meeting. Yes, really. Just by attending the Annual Meeting on April 6, 2019 you could win $1,000 to fund your continuing education.
Total: 24 scholarships totaling $43,000
Scoring is based on 3 categories:
Academics: Based solely on academic achievement in school.
Well-rounded: Based on overall achievements of extra-curricular activities, community service and grades.
Helping Hand: Scored on overall achievements, grades and financial need of student.
Who can apply?
High school seniors who have been accepted for admission at any U.S. college, university, community college or vocational school. Applicants must be dependents of parents, or consumers themselves, who currently receive electric service from Poudre Valley REA.
How do I apply?
Fill out the scholarship application and include the following:
- Most recent academic transcript
- Copy of college entrance examination (ACT or SAT scores)
- A two-page essay outlining achievements and career goals. Please include information about your extra-curricular activities, school clubs, involvement in community.
- Two, recent letters of recommendation- include full name and address of these individuals. Letters can be included with application packet or sent directly to Poudre Valley REA.
- Photo of yourself. Preferably a senior or professional-looking picture that will be featured in the Colorado Country Life magazine, social media and our website. Submit as a .jpeg file in online application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if submitting a hard copy of application.
*For Helping Hand scholarship only- submit a photo copy of the IRS tax return page showing the applicable Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Please cross out any reference to Social Security numbers or other confidential information.
Your application and all of its contents are treated as confidential information by PVREA and will not be shared or used except for this scholarship selection process.
When is the application deadline?
February 22, 2019
No applications will be accepted with a postmark later than the due date.
Questions about scholarships? Contact Jessica Johnson at email@example.com or (970) 282-6423.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2017 SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS!
Congrats to the 2018 Annual Meeting "Luck of the Draw" Scholarship Winner!
At the 2018 Annual Meeting held on April 7, PVREA drew one lucky student to win a $1,000 scholarship. Greta Stellrecht, a senior at Thompson Valley High School was the scholarship winner.