Rush Hour Rewards
PVREA will pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
How It Works – Rush Hour Rewards Bonuses
- Poudre Valley REA wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- A Nest thermostat can help you use less energy by tweaking the temperatures up to three degrees during the rush hour, while still keeping you comfortable.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
- You need to be a Poudre Valley REA member with central air conditioning or a heat pump, and working Wi-Fi to participate. Even if you already have a Nest thermostat, PVREA will give you a $50 bill credit for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $30 bill credit after the cooling season if you stay enrolled.
How to Participate
1. Buy your Nest Thermostat.
Order your Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Thermostat E online through the PVREA Nest store to receive your co-op member discount. Nest will ship straight to you and your Nest purchase will appear as a charge on your next PVREA bill. View the different Nest thermostat options here.
> BUY NOW
Already have a Nest thermostat? Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards now.
2. Install & Register your Nest Thermostat.
Visit Nest.com for helpful installation guides and videos.
3. Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards.
Even if you already have a Nest thermostat, enroll in Rush Hour Rewards in your Nest account to earn up to $80 in bonuses. Poudre Valley REA will give you a $50 bill credit for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled through the summer, you’ll receive an additional $30 bill credit after the cooling season.