In your neighborhood
You will oftentimes see our linemen or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our power lines. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA and its contractors are working on the following projects:
- Foothills has three crews working in the area of the new Gateway substation upgrading overhead power lines and install new underground feeder out of the substation. This substation is located at the corner of CR48 & CR3, east of Berthoud.
- A crew is upgrading the existing power lines along Hwy 257 north of Windsor and east on CR 74 to support all the load growth in Severance.
- Foothills has a crew working on CR 14 west of CR 17 in Berthoud upgrading power existing power lines to support the load growth of Berthoud. This crew will also be working north along CR 17 moving the power lines for the future road expansion the county is doing.
- Sectionalizing is nearing the completion of the entire project, and should be done late January or early February. This project has helped contribute to PVREA’s best ever yearly SAIDI score of just under 85 minutes. Our strategic goal for 2019 was 100 minutes.
- Foothills also has several, small underground crews working on member-paid jobs and new subdivisions in the Severance, Windsor, Timnath, and Johnstown areas.
PVREA and our contractor, Foothills Tree Trimming, are trimming trees in the Masonville, Drake, west Loveland, and Bellvue areas.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
Power Pole Inspections
PVREA routinely inspects power poles for reliability and safety. Power pole inspections are scheduled to occur in the fall.
Fiber Installation - Grid Improvement Project
PVREA’s contractor, MasTec, is installing fiber optic cable on our existing overhead power lines and through our existing underground electric corridors. The crews are currently working in the Windsor, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley and Severance areas. You may see bucket trucks and crews with boring equipment in your area as we work on this project throughout our entire service territory. We will only operate in our right-of-way; if we do not have proper access, we will work with members to gain access. Learn more about this project.
Drone inspection projects are scheduled for the summer. Periodically, PVREA utilizes drones to conduct equipment inspections. They use a drone to look for trees that need trimmed an inspect equipment to look for maintenance problems. Learn more about how your co-op uses drones.